Yoga and Meditation
I moved to Sayulita, Mexico from the San Francisco Bay Area where I taught at yoga teacher trainings, in leading yoga studios, in mental health settings, for several hospital and sports injury programs, at elegant spas and resorts, in eldercare communities, in the workplace and at yoga retreats. I am a successful conference speaker addressing the research in neuroscience showing the proven benefits of Yoga, Laughter Yoga and Meditation for professionals throughout the US and Mexico. I have been teaching yoga and meditation for over 25 years and studied with some of the Yoga Masters of our time. I offer in-depth knowledge of how to use “Your Yoga as Your Medicine.” Read recent client reviews: http://www.sayulitalife.com/carmela
- 1.5 hour Private Yoga Therapy Sessions in my Home Studio in Downtown Sayulita, $65US. 900mx.
- 1.25 hour Yoga Sessions at your vacation location in Sayulita $75. 1100mx for an Individual or Couple. $10 or 140mx for each additional person.
- Yoga for Sayulita Brides, Yoga Nidra Meditation Journey or Heart-Centered Hatha Yoga, with crystal singing bowls and aromatherapy is a flat fee of $150US per 1.5 hour session. Perfect for the bridal party the day before the big event.Invite as many guests as you wish.
Integrative Yoga Class with Carmela Tuesday and Thursday Evenings 6-7:15 p.m.
Hotelito Los Suenos Yoga Studio See Schedule Page for details.
My Yoga Classes, Private Sessions and Workshops:
- Invite you to cultivate joy, awareness and a healing relationship within
- Offer diverse asanas and mudras for mind, body, breath and emotions
- Are customized to heal through injuries or medical conditions
- Can be customized for Golfers, Surfers, SUPers, Runners and Other Lifestyles
- Offer mixed-level options with modifications
- Focus on moving slowly with the breath and going deeply into poses
- Gently educate and guide with well-articulated verbal cues and supportive energy
- Are professionally sequenced with attention to preparing the body for “peak poses”
- Include influences from Classic Hatha Yoga, Yin Yoga, Iyengar, Pranayama, Chakras, Hasya Yoga, Restorative and iRest Yoga Nidra
- Provide richly rewarding closing relaxation (savasana) with crystal singing bowls.
Integrative Restoration Yoga Nidra
Meditation Journeys: Individuals and Groups
Private Sessions, Workshops, Yoga Retreats, Bridal Parties, Families & Friends
Session opens with a brief educational overview of Yoga Nidra Meditation. You will actively set your intention, state your heart’s desire and participate in making the practice your own. It is your journey within. In private sessions, we can speak before and you may contribute which emotions or beliefs are coming up for you so that I amy integrate your words into the journey. With groups, the option for discussion afterwards is a way for participants to share what they learned with others.
Integrative Restoration, iRest, Yoga Nidra is an ancient yogic practice that incorporates psychological tools to increase well-being and a sense of mastery in your life.
Meditation in general, and iRest Yoga Nidra specifically, is designed to restore your body, mind, and senses to their natural functioning by laying down new neural synapses to your brain. Your attention becomes free from distraction and dissatisfaction and is able to recognize your inner essence.
Even as life continues to bring ease and difficulty and everything in between, Yoga Nidra allows the opportunity to set your intention, practice holding opposites and experience a refreshingly deep sense of equanimity.
Integrative Restoration, or iRest for short, is a Yoga Nidra protocol created by Dr. Richard Miller, Ph.D and Master Yoga Teacher. Research sources available at www.irest.us I studied with Richard Miller in the San Francisco Bay Area and honor his teachings, but have adapted the practice to suit my clients. And I even offer Mexican Chocolates to enhance the journey!
Research studies show iRest as an evidence-based program. The practice has proven benefits for healing people through PTSD, depression, insomnia, chronic pain, anxiety, stress-related disorders and chemical dependency as well for the establishment of joy and a sense of well-being in daily life. Integrative Restoration, or iRest for short, has been proven to be so effective in medical-based research it has been approved by the US Department of Defense Task Force as a tier one approach for work with chronic pain. And, it was also approved in 2009 by the US Army Surgeon General as a treatment protocol for returning vets.
Lie down and set your intention. Join us for this deeply relaxing class where you will be guided through a series of powerfully healing yoga meditations while lying comfortably on a yoga mat with bolsters and blankets. Practice skills to assist you in experiencing a sense of self- mastery when dealing with life’s challenging situations. Learn tools to heal unresolved issues, pain, traumas and wounds present in the body, mind and senses.
Stay at Casa de Carmela and Enjoy Private Yoga Intensives