About Carmela Carlyle
I have been absolutely determined to enjoy my life-long work as a counselor and teacher and to do it creatively and well. Carefully observing which way my heart is drawn, I have followed it to diverse settings with consummate professionals and to clients who have been exquisite teachers.
I continue to following my bliss adapting my skills for the community of Sayulita, Mexico. My private counseling, teaching, yoga therapy and meditation journeys are very well-received.
Below you will find a tidy summary of my professional background and some evidence of my life-long commitment to learning and serving others in the healing professions.
Counseling and Psychotherapy
- M.A. Clinical Psychology, Antioch University West, San Francisco.
- Expressive Arts Therapist, Certification from U.C. Berkeley.
- Private Counseling Practice for Adult Life Transitions for over twenty years.
- Senior Professional and Personal Development Counsleor for all of U.C. Berkeley Staff
- National Conference Speaker addressing Pain Management, PTSD and Vicarious Trauma
- Hospice Bereavement Counselor, Hospice Community Educator and Volunteer Program Director
- Pet Grief Group Facilitator
- Undergraduate and Graduate Clinical Psychology Instructor.
- Certified Integrative Yoga Therapy Teacher trained by leading Master Yogis and Yoginis
- iRest Integrative Restoration Yoga Nidra Instructor trained by Dr. Richard Miller
- RYT, Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance
- Certified Laughter Yoga Leader and Teacher trained by Dr. Madan Kataria, Creator of Laughter Yoga
- Member of International Yoga Therapists Association, IAYT and Yoga Alliance
- Yoga Therapy Training Specialist for Nurses and Physicians at Osher Center, UCSF Hospital, San Francisco
- National Conference Speaker About the Health Benefits of Yoga for Healthcare Professionals
- Yoga Therapist for Cancer Wellness Centers, Hospital Chronic Pain Support Groups, Dementia Care Programs, Veterans Programs and Sports Injuries Workshops.
Counseling for Aging Issues, Retirement Planning and Grief
- Post-Graduate Studies at The Institute on Aging, University of Pennsylvania
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, Adult Life Transitions
- Graduate Psychology Instructor on Aging
- Certified California Elder Residential Care Administrator
- Created Training DVD “Laughter Yoga with Older Adults” which sells internationally
- Private Family Counseling Practice Addressing Aging Parents and Partners
- Family and Friends Support Group Facilitator
- Private clients in Eldercare Settings for ten years
- Hospice Bereavement Counselor, Community Educator and Volunteer Program Director
Management Trainer for Human Development in the Workplace
- Senior Management Training Specialist, University of California System
- Mulitcultural Diversity Instructor, U.C. Santa Cruz International School of Business
- Certified Coach for Managers and Organizational Effectiveness
- Professional Speaker for Leadership Conferences
- Certified Experiential Learning Specialist for Teams
- Certified Management Training Skills Specialist
- Certified Critical Incident Debriefing Facilitator for the Workplace
- Certified Myers-Briggs Personality Type Interpretor